Room Inside a Box

"There is no room inside a box." ~Doug Pinnick

Name:
Location: Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, United States

I started this blog as a soundboard for some much needed therapy during my separation with my wife throughout much of 2005. It was truly a blessing to get my thoughts out there through the writing process. Thankfully things have worked out between us. I would have continued to blog, but ever since I started my teaching career, I have found it impossible to do as much blogging as I would like to. So now I hope to periodically post as time and energy allow.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sherbet and Deer

My day was going fine and my mood was splendid until I found out that my entries are being edited for spelling errors by my fellow contributor. I like to leave entries as is, spelling errors and all. Fook yew. There. Edit that.

So now that I am irritated, let me take a moment out of my day to tell you about a few things I do not like:

1. Do not share your email address.
I hate when couples find it cute to share email addresses. What happens when you write to only one of them? bobnsusie@email.com is NOT cute. It's stupid. Besides, how do you address the email if you only write to one of them? What if I don't want to talk to both? And how do you write about a cute guy for your friend when her dumb boyfriend/husband might read it?

2. Noah Webster pisses me off.
I hate the fact that now Webster's dictionary is changing the spelling of words because it is the more common misspelling. For instance, sherbet. There isn't a second "r" in it, but if you look under sherbet in the dictionary now, it will say: Also sherbert. And deerS is also acceptable now. So go ahead, tell us how the deers in your yard love to eat sherbert. I have a personal vendetta about the misspelling of sherbet. My 5th grade class knows why.

3. Do not talk to me when I am having lunch by myself, unless I make eye contact.
I swear the weirdest people are the ones who talk to you while you're trying to eat lunch by yourself. I am perfectly fine eating by myself. I don't need anyone to talk to me. The new guy actually sings in between talking to you. So, it goes something like this: "Yeah, I heard it's supposed to rain this weekend...HEARD IT FROM A FRIEND WHOOOO, HEARD IT FROM A FRIEND WHOOO, HEARD IT FROM ANOTHER...Hey, did you see that there's peanuts in the vending machine now?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home