Room Inside a Box

"There is no room inside a box." ~Doug Pinnick

Name:
Location: Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, United States

I started this blog as a soundboard for some much needed therapy during my separation with my wife throughout much of 2005. It was truly a blessing to get my thoughts out there through the writing process. Thankfully things have worked out between us. I would have continued to blog, but ever since I started my teaching career, I have found it impossible to do as much blogging as I would like to. So now I hope to periodically post as time and energy allow.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Call Me Jerry

After reading terriamachine's last entry, I feel the need to be the funny person to Tom’s straight guy role. So basically we’re like Abbott and Costello, but I can’t remember who was the straight guy. Ummm...the cartoon Tom and Jerry? Nah, that mouse was never really funny. Penn and Teller includes that mute guy. The Three Stooges had three people so it really doesn’t work. Okay, I’ve got it: We’re like Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Although I’m pretty sure Tom doesn’t sing Italian love songs and no one calls him Tom-O (but maybe we should!). Well, you probably get my point.

---

I am usually seen as being funny, even when I don't mean to be. I say something in all seriousness and I get lots of laughs. Now I know how court jesters and comedians feel. Just call me Jerry.

Kelly: "I slammed my finger in the goddamn door!"
Audience: Hahahahaha [insert laughs here]

Kelly: "I am so pissed!"
Audience: Hahahahaha [insert laughs here]

Perhaps it's the tone of my voice. I'm not sure. The odd thing is that I usually write when I am upset or feel the need to vent. Rarely does my writing reflect my true self, so you may not get to see the "real me" on here.

Oh well. I feel it is my duty to make you smile at least. Just consider me your Prozac.

---

And what is it about the world? Everywhere you go, someone is telling you what to do.

"Simply press okay to continue..."
My computer is such a smart-ass.

"Remember the good times you've had..."
Hallmark is full of poop.

"Place stamp here."
Damn you, Postal Service!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home